So this is a quick treat that my wife and I really have grown to love. It is born out of my love for all things stir-fried, and all things pasta. This goes great with some suntea and a good book. Don’t forget to use organic ingredients when possible.
Yield: 2 servings
What you need:
- 1/2 package refrigerated linguini, I like the kind with basil in it.
- 5 leaves basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (about 79ml) finely chopped salad mushrooms
- 1 small tomato cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2tbsp (about 30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (about 59ml) fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
First you get your pasta nice and hot, and ready for frying.
Heat your skillet to medium-high, add oil. When the oil is hot, add your garlic and basil. When garlic is lightly browned, add your pasta. Cook with pasta in for about 45 seconds, mix the garlic and mushrooms in well.
Remove the fried mixture from the heat, and toss the pasta with the tomatoes. Serve with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is super-simple, and it’s just so darn tasty. Everything’s fresh, everything’s mild and flavorful. You could also try this with a fresh drained salsa instead of tomatoes to add some spice to it.