It’s been a while since I’ve put up a recipe, and that’s not because I don’t love you all… it’s because I’ve been mastering something that has taunted me for a long time: thick-crust pizza.
Now, you’re probably saying “but manchicken, pizza usually has cheese on it, and vegan cheese substitutes all taste like ass!” Well, I couldn’t agree more… vegan cheese substitutes do tend to taste like ass, and that’s why I just don’t use them. I make cheese-less pizza. Now, without all that extra fat and Calories you can do a lot more with toppings, but you can also feel guilt-free about thick-crust pizza. You probably could put cheese on this if you want, but I’m happy with just store-bought spaghetti sauce and onions.
- 1 cup hot tap water, 170ºF/77ºC max
- 1 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp brewers yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 6 cups all-purpose flour (3 cups for dough, 3 to knead into dough)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 tbsp canola oil (2 tbsp for the dough, 6 to oil your pans)
- 2 9-inch round cake pans